Monday, December 13, 2010

Road trip to the West Coast

On Wednesday I will be setting off on a road trip to Hokitika with Srey from Podflower. We will be taking our wares to sell at the inaugural Kiwi Christmas market in Hokitika, which has been organised by Christine of My 2 Monsters. Markets like A Craft Affair and Craft 2.0 inspired her to create something similar in her home town, so she set about organising the Kiwi Christmas Market. I like that kind of initiative, so thought it would be a good opportunity to introduce my candles to the West Coast.

The market will be held at this magnificent venue, the Carnegie Library Building in Hamilton Street. It is on Wednesday the 15th December, and will run from 5pm – 9pm. I'd love to meet any blog readers/facebook followers, so do say hi if you come along!

Also, there will be a donation box in the foyer for people to donate to the Pike River Relief fund. I watched the events unfold with great sadness, and my thoughts go out to the family and friends of all those involved. It made the earthquake here earlier in the year seem rather insignificant in comparison. Although I'm not from the Coast, I grew up in the Tasman district, which is 'next door' to the Coast, so it did feel close to home. I've been there a few times, and remember visiting the memorial to the miners that died in the Brunner Mine disaster. Once I've covered my costs, I am going to donate a portion of my sales to the fund.

No comments:

Post a Comment